San Diego and the Spectrum

Dear Juliet

I hope San Diego's comic-con won't be too overwhelming for you.

Admittedly, I do know well you've done it before.

Too much light and sound and furore can break down an Asperger and cause a meltdown. However, all that really means is that our ability to cope with all this input is less than yours. Or in other words, we'll just crack up first.

I got pitched into so many stressful situations that I think I developed a hard-won resistance to all the sound and fury, but I can't filter out extraneous noise so if it gets too loud, I go deaf.

Some arenas are bigger than others, too; and I understand San Diego is pretty massive.

Homo Sapiens Mark One was never designed to cope with all this. I once heard that in one day, we have to cope with as much information as a caveman did in his entire life.

So it can easily become overwhelming, but I'm sure there will be chill-out zones and water aplenty available.

It's a bit of a grind, though. For us fans, too. I usually had to queue for an hour-and-a-half...

You were worth it, though.

Have a good con.

Love,

James






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the Yellow Brick Road?

Buffy the Infantry Officer...

Of All the Gin Joints in All the Towns in All the World... (part one)