Went the Day Well?

Dear Juliet

I borrowed the title from an old British film, but I don't think the convention was invaded by German troops (Gorns, maybe) and that you'll live to fight another day.

I'm hoping this fatigue of mine won't last too long, and a trip to the physiotherapist and osteopath should ease off that twinge in my back. Then it looks like there will be one last walk to New Cross after all. My doctor had suggested either one final telephone call or an actual appointment so I decided to be sociable.

So, as I can't think too creatively at the moment, that's my news.

But I'm going to London again 18th-20th August, I'll get you a few more photographs and see if I bump into the King.

Since there isn't much to say today (I don't think you'd be interested in a picture of my filing cabinet), I'll just dip into my archives and tell you an old story about you, me and Jim from the NAS.

Some time around 2012 or so, Jim asked me if the email correspondence wasn't getting too stressful for me.

And I told him this. That when it was just you and I talking, it was fine. That Juliet being a film star and Hollywood royalty, that I was a newly-published author on the brink of mega-stardom, that I still had a vampire flatmate whom I occasionally took to my writers group in Biggar, that none of it was important and when it was just she and I, I was happy.

I'll go and take a photo of my filing cabinet now...

Love,

James







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the Yellow Brick Road?

Buffy the Infantry Officer...

Of All the Gin Joints in All the Towns in All the World... (part one)