Don't Sleep in the Subway, Darling!
Dear Juliet
Just in general (very general), a little thought:
The best thing to do with a problem is to face up to it. It's usually not as bad as you think, and if you deal with it, two things happen:
1) You feel better.
2) The problem's fixed.
I know. Number Two sounds so obvious and banal it's almost funny, but it's true. I had to face up to hundreds of things when I moved from Scotland to Shropshire, and I used this tactic over and over again.
Don't leave things 'til the last minute, darling, and (to paraphrase Petula Clark) end up sleeping in the subway!
Please don't.
I rather like the Los Angeles Metro, but you wouldn't want to live there.
Okay, that's all I'm going to say. I feel a bit flattened today, but rest assured you're always on my mind, come what may...
Love,
James
P.S. Come to think of it, there's a story about you, me and the Metro... Don't think I ever told you. Well, I might tomorrow.


Comments
Post a Comment