Free Strawberries From Santa Barbara!

Dear Juliet

I think something's bugging you, but I'm not sure what.

So, basics:

You're fine and safe, even if you fuck up.

Translation: I like you just the way you are, even if you can on occasion be a bit of a noodle. I don't sum up your value as a human being based on your most recent review.

There's no catch, the shoe won't drop.

That's why I used the Rocky II analogy. "If you wanna blow this thing, dammit I'm gonna blow it with you. You wanna stay here, I'll stay with you." That's all there is to it.

You don't have to explain or justify yourself.

I'm not your judge and no one has the right to be. I know a lot about you and I like you for yourself, good and bad.

Take all the time you need.

Now, I don't know if the thought of Dear Miss Landau/Dru Quartet-related possibilities are tearing you to pieces. I wrote them, so I'll tell you: don't worry about it. Take forever if you'd like.

Incidentally, as a matter of course I've already considered the worst-case scenario: the cast hates the lost story arc and that's the end of the matter.

Okay, I'd be a bit cheesed-off but such is life. I've already faced up to that possibility.

And I think I'll just throw this one in: don't worry, I won't let Charisma beat you up...

Also, you are free and you don't have to justify that to anyone.

I mean it's in the U.S. Constitution, for heaven's sake! Last time I wrote about this, I omitted to mention I got an image of you taking your car up Highway 101, finding a roadside stand selling strawberries and having a punnet while enjoying the view. You are perfectly free to do this, and no question about it.

Okay, well there we are. I have three weary calls to carry out tonight (not free), then I might watch Star Trek IV again.

And yes, I will worry about you.

Have a hug.

🤗

Love,

James

P.S. Send me a strawberry!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the Yellow Brick Road?

Buffy the Infantry Officer...

Of All the Gin Joints in All the Towns in All the World... (part one)