Hot Times in Old Towns at Night...

Dear Juliet

I'd thought of writing a blog about the time I wound up in Death Valley on a midsummer day one May, but I already did that with my first post on here...

And they had a cold snap. In Needles, a cold snap means the temperature stays under 90 F., but it seems L.A. is currently quite overcast at 70 F while Shifnal is hitting the heights at about 93 F.

It's going to be fun working in this hot old town tonight, and I missed last night's eclipse as I was travelling around the shire spreading some kindness that night, too.

Got this shot of sunset's song in nearby Kemberton, though.














So, five calls in Bridgnorth tonight and what shall I say?

I think I'll say that coming back tonight and seeing your statistical presence on the blog makes my day. It's a simple point, but one which must be strongly underlined. I look forward to "seeing" you that way and it fulfils my day. I don't mind getting stuck in a waiting room in San Antonio, strolling round Vegas late in the day, ending up a mile high in Albuquerque or sitting waiting for the Southwest Chief at ten to one in the morning so long as I know you're there, and I'm sad if you aren't.

So I might or might not make it up the steps to the High Town tonight, but it'll be good to know you're still singing in the wire...






















Think I'll skip the cocktails, though...

Love,

James

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the Yellow Brick Road?

Buffy the Infantry Officer...

Of All the Gin Joints in All the Towns in All the World... (part one)