Marathon in Monterey!

Dear Juliet

More precisely, Marathon Flats...

I've always set some store by the fact that I walked from Carmel to Point Lobos, partly because I'm a macho idiot and partly because there was no other way. I even got quite fond of the Number 5 bus which dropped me off at the crossroads and the nearby Chevron filling station.

However, I looked up news about Point Lobos for you and found out they're setting up a shuttle service to the Point from Marathon Flats, just south of the Chevron and near Safeway. It'll take a couple of years and 'til then it looks like the need to take a walk or crowd out the car park will stay the same. After that, though, you'll need a reservation to get into the Reserve even if you're on foot, it seems.

I also ended up finding out Monterey does monthly condo/cottage rentals, which might be interesting. Right now, though, I feel like I've run a marathon and don't desire to go any further than Cleethorpes. Still, maybe one day...

But maybe I've had my day. If so I'm glad I've at least got great memories of waiting for the Number 5 after a good long day at the Point. And of waving down the bus with the old straw hat I bought in the centre of L.A., forever thinking of my Hollywood princess, so very far away...

Love,

James










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffy the Infantry Officer...

Back to the Yellow Brick Road?

Of All the Gin Joints in All the Towns in All the World... (part one)