Rena Lou, Not Forgotten, Too...

Dear Juliet

Another thoughtful one (different subject). I've been treating this correspondence with great discretion, of course, but at the same time I stayed in touch with Rena Lou, a fan of yours, all these years. She's the one for whom I had our photo taken at Earl's Court in 2014, and I'm sorry to say she's battling breast cancer. I didn't want to say anything to you before as I was concentrating entirely on you, and I felt and feel you're in a delicate state. Nor did I want to ask you for any favours, however small.

But it bugged me.

I think it's okay now to suggest you might like to send her a Get Well Soon card, though? She doesn't know about the blog either. I've been sending her supportive Facebook messages daily and I think she's on her last eight rounds of chemotherapy (thirty-two altogether). Some days are good. Some days are not so good.

So if you'd like to do so, here's her address:

Rena Lou Short

Box 1801

Lafayette

Georgia 30728

She can also be reached via Facebook (Reigne Louisa Knight).

Better not mention me.

Well, I think that's the big thing for this blog post. I'm just feeling flattened at home, letting the effects of my own chemo-style pills slowly drain away...

I hope you're okay today?

Love,

James









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the Yellow Brick Road?

Buffy the Infantry Officer...

Of All the Gin Joints in All the Towns in All the World... (part one)