Sorry Suzanne (Or Rather Sarah), Juliet Just Came a-Walkin' Down the Street!
Dear Juliet
If I understand correctly, you can scarcely believe someone would like you for yourself and not for what you can do for them?
Over the years, I semi-regularly pitched about Dear Miss Landau and/or the Dru Quartet to anyone who might be interested. Potential business transactions, but with heart. Dru or bust, you might say but, yes, on a commercial/transactional basis.
Then you came along again (just a-walkin' down the street), and I've tried to tell you for months that I just like you for you and I won't use you for transactional stuff or leave you crying while I pursued my own selfish ends.
And I hope you believe that.
Then I saw an opportunity the other day. Some Sarah Michelle Gellar website. Send them an easy email re Dru/Landau, see what happens...
I could have done it very easily and never even told you.
Except I didn't.
I thought about it for a bit, and I decided not to do it.
Pretty easy decision, actually.
So there.
You mean more to me than my writing or Sarah Michelle Gellar, and that's just how it is.
So sorry Suzanne (or rather Sarah), Juliet comes first.
Love,
James

Comments
Post a Comment