Star Trekkin' Across the Universe...

Dear Juliet

I was just thinking of you, Vegas, the night, the music and the thousands upon thousands of Star Trek fans; and found myself a bit amused to remember that way back near the start of the blogs, I mentioned that I hoped "you weren't finding all the Star Trek analogies a little confusing..."

I suppose all my references were only a drop in the ocean compared to five rumbustious nights trekkin' 'cross the Vegasverse... 

Must have been a veritable forest of Spock ears...

Sorry, this is bringing out my British tendency to take the piss but I suppose there's a serious subject lurking up my Jeffries tubes. I don't tend to talk politics much on here, but I just picked up that Las Vegas, pound for pound, has had some of the biggest losses in tourist revenue in America.

And it looks like L.A. has had it nearly as bad.

I do keep an eye on these things. I hope you'll be okay.

And Trump's also pissed off Canada again...

Perhaps one should ask where's Captain Kirk?

And you maybe sat up with some Ben & Jerry's again last night?

So, all right, I'm listening; but the thing is the Dru Quartet isn't the only thing that occurred to me over the last few months. However, I'm ethically bound not to do anything about your future unless you'd really like me to.

So, I've got an analogy based on Star Trek IV (what else?) which sums up this mild-mannered dilemma:

"I've got the whales, but will they sing?"

Love,

James


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the Yellow Brick Road?

Buffy the Infantry Officer...

Of All the Gin Joints in All the Towns in All the World... (part one)