Are These Nice People?

Dear Juliet

I'm a bit worried about you this morning, so I've found this resource in Hollywood. You probably know about it, but on occasion a bit of repetition does no harm.

And there was one funny coincidence...

Entertainment Community Fund (formerly The Actors Fund)

1630 Schrader Boulevard #100

Los Angeles 90028

Tel: 323 933 9244

Email: western@entertainmentcommunity.org

Direct services portal: entertainmentcommunity.org/services-programs (I think)

Yeah. Schrader Boulevard. It's right next door to the former hostel on Schrader. I liked that place. Bright primary colours, very clean. Nice staff. If it was still there, I'd go back.













So, same old thing: you're free to do as you please. But, please, think about giving them a call. You could even take a walk down that way one afternoon. Hollywood Boulevard, tinged a little red and grey, looks good late on a summer's day...

I remember getting the bus, the morning after the second time I saw you, first trip, 2010 in L.A...

I took the early morning bus to Monterey on Monday March 22. Dawn was breaking over the Hollywood Hills when I left the hostel on Schrader. I looked along the boulevard as I crossed to the depot, searching out the cypress trees, knowing I had to walk away. I am very glad no-one could see the look upon my face.

(Dear Miss Landau)










You know what was done for you?

You know what you meant to me?

More than I can say.

You were worth it, more than a summer day.

Are these nice people?, as Dru would say. Go see the sunlight before that wintry day...

Love,

James



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the Yellow Brick Road?

Buffy the Infantry Officer...

Of All the Gin Joints in All the Towns in All the World... (part one)