Camberwick Green to Chicago!

Dear Juliet

Just back from a long shift with lots of people trying to kill me, and not much left in these fingers with which to write.

But I guess (and rather hope) you're waiting and wondering whether I'll pop out of the magic box at the end of the day and write something to you?

So I have. Because you're worth it.

And I remembered which magic box it might be: the one at the start of Camberwick Green (BBC, 1966). I don't think you'd have seen it as a little girl in London but I might be wrong.

So this is what it looked like, and I hope I've succeeded in popping out of the magic box for you.

Thank God I didn't try to be The Man From Milk Tray...

But you'd have been worth it.

Think I'm shoring up potential plans for getting to Chicago and Seattle, but I'll tell you about them another day...

Take care of yourself today.

Love,

James





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffy the Infantry Officer...

Back to the Yellow Brick Road?

Of All the Gin Joints in All the Towns in All the World... (part one)