Straight On 'Til Morning, Rose

Dear Juliet

Yes, sanctuary's still here (noticed you read it again), just let me know a few days in advance.

Try and relax about that.

Well, first of all today I had a good morning at Open Door although there weren't that many people, and lit a candle for you and Seattle afterwards:












You two are top right. I'm on the job tonight (no carers again) and then on the phone to my cousin Keith in Chicago, whose birthday it is.

So, life goes on but my thought for the day is how we handle pressure and whether any subconscious self-destructive tendencies still linger? In the case of my own autistic brain, it's like a sort of spreadsheet which tells me the difference between right and wrong and mostly keeps me on the straight and narrow. That and the fact that, with a focussed Asperger's brain, I'll look at things logically first and emotionally second.

Being able to accept terrible facts straight-off can be a help, and I'd recommend it. I just don't have that neuro-typical belief that it'll all magically work out somehow...

Okay, I think that's enough serious stuff for today. I want you to be all right, and not to go away.

I hope that's some help, come what may.

There's a future for you. There's a chance.

Love,

James

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffy the Infantry Officer...

Back to the Yellow Brick Road?

Of All the Gin Joints in All the Towns in All the World... (part one)