The Omega Glory...

Dear Juliet

I've been thinking.

Yes, I know that's a bad habit of mine and I must try to break it.

But I'm guessing you're worrying about Monsterpalooza because the fans are still traumatised about New Sunnydale's cancellation and might really want to talk about things. You're perhaps feeling a bit conflicted and not sure what to do.

Puts me in mind of this scene from The Tholian Web.

I guess you haven't had a chat with James. I understand, perhaps, how scared you feel.

As you know, there doesn't seem to be much way forward with Buffy and, indeed, the Dru Quartet would be deeply mired in copyright issues.

But of course, there is a simpler way.

As usual, it's so simple it took me a moment to realise it.

Dear Miss Landau's copyright is mine and it's been around since 2012. Blue chip and beautifully reviewed. As it is a Buffy-related product (note the careful wording), it might even - just - be able to evade Disney's big corporate guns.

To paraphrase Mr Spock, there is no other logical way forward and it is, if nothing else, my duty to help you to the best of my ability.

To, on occasion, tell you what you may not wish to hear.

I can offer the fans a way forward, but it also occurred to me that you'd think you'd have to do all the heavy lifting yourself at Monsterpalooza.

I wouldn't dump that on you, so I can take the weight.

A bit like Xander did for Dru in Roses.

While it wouldn't be impossible for me to get to L.A., I am working that weekend but it shouldn't be too difficult to set up a video link. I might well be able to give them a speech they'd never forget at about 9.00 pm my time.

So there we are. A way out. An escape hatch. Yellow Brick Road, whatever.

However, Timshel, the choice can only be yours.

Well, I hope that's of some help.

Love,

James





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffy the Infantry Officer...

Back to the Yellow Brick Road?

Of All the Gin Joints in All the Towns in All the World... (part one)