The Vampire's Prayer...

Dear Juliet

Photos from the forest glade...

I hope these pictures will provide a moment of solace and keep your mind off matters. I might have mentioned St. Bartholomew's Church at Tong before, but I dropped in there after fuelling up this afternoon (the Batmobile needs a lot of juice) at the Bell.



It seems Shakespeare wrote two epitaphs to Sir Thomas Stanley and they can be seen on the family tomb. Here's one:

Ask who lies here, but do not weep. 

He is not dead; he doth but sleep.

This stony register is for his bones;

His fame is more perpetual than these stones,

And his own goodness, with himself being gone,

Shall live when earthly monument is none.

And it seems that while he was up the tree, Charles II could hear St. Bartholomew's bells ringing...

So, ask not for whom the bell tolls.

You haven't aged. You won't wilt. You'll be okay.

Love,

James

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffy the Infantry Officer...

Back to the Yellow Brick Road?

Of All the Gin Joints in All the Towns in All the World... (part one)