Tromped On By Elephants!
Dear Juliet
Okay, heard about the Bronze in Toronto, listening to Charlaine Harris (there's a brief reference to Spike, Dru and True Blood in Dear Miss Landau) and, rather than an urbane honed (formulaic?) commentary I thought I'd try and write more from the heart.
It might not be such a fun and easy experience in Toronto. I can't be there to help you out, but if nothing else - and I don't have much else, do I? - you'll always be on my mind. Unless I get tromped on by an elephant, I'll be thinking of you the whole time. I hope it won't be a smoky atmosphere and I hope your feet won't hurt.
I'll be around if you need to talk; and why not take a little time to see Toronto? As mentioned in Thelma and Louise at Lobos, you are free. Take some time to chill out.
No one expects you to be perf-...
Wait a minute, Dru just said that on your podcast. Admitted she wasn't. That's probably one of my impressions of her: that most imperfect creature who clawed her way out of hell to redeem herself.
It's not easy to do that, and Dru went through terrible ordeals, but I think she always knew who she really wanted to be. Particularly after that time in the cave at Point Lobos.
Perhaps we all need to spend some time in the cave before we see the light.
That's really clichéd, but at least it's honest. Oddly enough, this Star Trek clip (what else?) from Toronto illustrates it quite well. Toronto also looks pretty good. Why not play some chess on the waterfront?
Don't let the walls close in or the elephants tromp you. Point Lobos is waiting for you, Thelma, and you don't need to be perfect to get there.
Love,
James



Comments
Post a Comment